Quilt Challenge: CHILD AT PLAY
1) Create a hand or machine quilted baby quilt with dimensions no larger than 40 inches on any side. There will be voting by those attending for the “best in the group.” The winning item will receive recognition when auctioned with the second round of quilts over the auction block. There is no prize to the winning quilters except the satisfaction of a job very well done and donation to a worthy cause.
2) On the back of the item, please sew a label or use a quilt permanent marker pen to include “MCC 2017” and your name (if you are comfortable with that).
3) When your item is completed, send an email to Anita, quilt coordinator, at email@example.com. Include a description with the quilter’s name, type of item, the size, the dominant colors used and a picture (if possible) attached to the email.* This picture and description will be posted on the MCC Festival website
as part of the pre-sale advertisement on the website at www.oregonfestivalforworldrelief.com.
4) Finished quilted items can be received at an area church collection point (Albany, Salem, Zion or Portland) by the collection dates in September 2017 (to be announced in August 2017). If all information and a picture have been sent to Anita, the item can be delivered to the OMFWR sale site the day before the
5) Any combination of fabrics, colors and techniques may be used.
Anita Lindberg – firstname.lastname@example.org
H # 503-930-1455 or
*Or send picture and description to:
2124 29th Ave. SE, Albany, OR 97322
Auction proceeds from the 2017 sale of the Challenge items will go to Maternal and Child Health Programs of Mennonite Central Committee.