Share news about volunteer opportunities, sand dams, and more with your friends and family. Download the summer newsletter here!
1. Auction donations are starting to arrive, and they’re creating a buzz on Facebook! What can you give to support MCC? Let us know about your donation by contacting Tim Steiner, 503-381-6436, email@example.com.
2. Quilters and crafters: Your donations of fabric, patterns, quilt books and magazines, craft things, unfinished quilts/craft/sewing projects, old linens and dollies, and sewing notions will delight festival-goers. Please deliver gifts for Marta’s Haus by October 1 to Fairview Mennonite Church (35100 Goltra Road, Albany) or call Julie Miller, 541-754-7533.
3. School kit items are often featured in back-to-school specials: spiral or perforated notebooks (8 1⁄2 x 10 1⁄2 in and 70 sheets), pencils, rulers (flat, flexible plastic; indicating both 30 cm and 12 in), colored pencils (12 in packaging), large pencil erasers. Bring them to the festival. ■
Also needed: Access to a refrigerated truck to transport the apple cider.
Contact Gale Gingrich, 503-399-0795, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering a few hours at the festival and/or set-up day is a wonderful way to make a difference for people in need worldwide. Could you lend a hand this year? How about recruiting some family members to help with you, or a small group from church? There are tasks for all ages. Here are some of the most pressing needs:
· One physically active/strong person to orchestrate the display operation on Friday and then the take down on Saturday as the quilts are removed to be sold
· Auction helpers to display both sides of the quilts as they are being sold
· Setup helpers on Friday beginning at 9 a.m.
Contact Margery Barkman: 503-266-7854, email@example.com
· Individual to coordinate the display of auction items on Friday
· Helpers to hold up items as they are being auctioned
· Setup helpers on Friday and cleanup helpers on Saturday (stacking chairs, moving tables, etc.)
· People to help display silent auction items on Saturday
· Person to remove silent auction tables when items have been sold
Contact Tim Steiner, 503-381-6436, firstname.lastname@example.org
· 1-3 people to wash dishes throughout the day
· 8 people to serve soup and salad lunch
· 6-8 cashiers for food booths
· Setup helpers in the foods area Friday beginning at 9 a.m.
· Cleanup helpers on Saturday beginning at 3 p.m.
Contact Julia Todd, 541-258-3581, email@example.com
· People to sell meats and cheese
Contact Denise Diller, 541-704-0451, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share what you read here. If you have a story please Contact Hannah Gascho Rempel